Time approx. 30 minutes
Recipe by Trish McKenzie, Cadbury Kitchen
- Coarsely chop the amount of chocolate your recipe specifies
- Place 1/3 of the chocolate in a double boiler over gently simmering water. Ensure the water does not touch the bottom of the double boiler or your chocolate may overheat and lose its shine and smoothness
- Melt the chocolate until the temperature reaches 45°C on a cooking thermometer
- Remove the chocolate from the heat and stir in the remaining chocolate; stir with a spatula from time to time
- Keep stirring the melted chocolate until it cools down to 27°C, and return to the heat stirring gently until the chocolate reaches 32°C
- Once the chocolate is smooth and shiny, it is ready to be used for chocolate curls, as coating or poured into chocolate moulds.